Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Watch out, the world's behind you

After coming across a mention of The Velvet Underground somewhere recently, I decided to give this legendary 60's band a try. Cited as one of the most influential groups in the history of rock music, they faced surprisingly little commercial success. Quoting Wikipedia quoting someone, "The first Velvet Underground album only sold 10,000 copies, but everyone who bought it formed a band". Though I just started on them two or three days ago, I've been haunted by their songs ever since. Here are a couple.

Sunday Morning, by The Velvet Underground.



Beginning to See the Light, by The Velvet Underground.


I'm sure they have many more such awaiting me.

PS: About the sentence with the quote above - start a quotation in a sentence, end it in the sentence. Put the period after the quotation mark. I believe this makes more sense than the commonly adopted alternative.

2 comments:

  1. I thought the songs were the best thing about the entire post, when I started reading. Towards the end, I realized the Post Script sort of "rocked". :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisp leads to such considerations as those. :)

    ReplyDelete